Relationships and reader engagement are the reason I blog. If I wanted to write only for myself, I wouldn’t be writing on a public blog which I promote online. I write to engage you.
Page rank is all well and good, too, but at the end of the day any confidence boost I get from stats ranks far below your comments, questions and connecting with you, and this is why I love your comments!
Through blogging, I have formed relationships with people across the globe- people I’ve never met. I want to build a relationship with you, so I’ll share a little more about me.
Yesterday I came across friend and fellow blogger Adrienne Smith’s post in which she took a break from her blog niche to share a little about the real Adrienne Smith. The idea of “niche amnesty” was started by DIY Blogger, which suggested bloggers break from their usual topics and share a little information about themselves.
So here it goes, 8 things you may not know about me, Chrysta Bairre:
1. Scootering is a way of life. I ride year-round, ride in a local scooter gang, and attend scooter rallies. Riding is a zen experience for me, I love it dearly, and I am grateful every day I get to live life on 2 wheels.
2. I’m a Colorado native. There are few places I’ve been that are as beautiful as Colorado to me. The Rocky Mountains inspire a sense of awe and peace within me. I’ll take mountains over beaches any day!
Image courtesy of krossbow
3. I can’t imagine my life without music. I love live music, particularly acoustic rock, folk and independent music. I have traveled across the country to see favorite artists in concert, and I am grateful to have met quite a few of my musical idols, including Tori Amos, Matt Nathanson, Vienna Teng, Melissa Ferrick and Charlotte Martin.
4. I share my home with 7 “furkids”- 2 dogs, 3 cats and 2 rats! I dream of taking a vacation to volunteer at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Kanab, Utah.
6. I’ve learned that being a sci-fi nerd is about more than enjoying books, tv and movies. Science Fiction tells stories of hopes, dreams, and the strength of the human spirit to overcome overwhelming odds.
The fun of being a sci-fi nerd is going to conventions like Dragon*Con to geek out with other fans and meet celebrities. Embrace your inner geek!
7. I’m a recovered perfectionist, and I couldn’t be happier about being imperfect. I was miserable as a perfectionist and I’m joyful as a human being. Don’t get me wrong, I still have a place for everything and keep most things in their place. Now there’s space in my life for things to be out of place and I’m okay.
There you have it! 8 things interesting facts about me. Ani DiFranco sang, “you know there is strength in the differences between us, and you know there is comfort where we overlap.”
What do we have in common? How are we different? Please tell me something about you!